Application Specialist to Phase Holographic Imaging in Lund
About Phase Holographic Imaging (PHI AB)
In medical and biological research, cultured cells are often used to better understand the causes of cancer and other diseases, but also to evaluate new treatments to these conditions.
PHI AB develops instruments and software based on digital holography, for measurements on cells (cytometry) in real-time studies and for long time studies (time-lapse). In 2011 the instruments HoloMonitor®, were introduced onto the market.
Today PHI offers a complete range of tools for long term cell studies. The method is cell friendly and exceeds other more traditional methods.
PHI helps medical research, and cell biologists worldwide, to fight cancer and other diseases with user friendly and affordable tools. The headquarter is located in Lund, where departments such as research, development, marketing and sales are situated. To reach customers worldwide, we combine direct sales with a network of distributors all over the world.
PHI is entering an exciting and expansive phase, in a technology-oriented industry where things are constantly developing. As a PHI employee, you’ll be part of a company characterized by team players and quick decisions. We are focused and working together to achieve results.
Application Specialist to PHI in Lund
The PHI sales and marketing department is growing to meet the increasing demands of our products. We are now looking for an Application Specialist. The position offers a great opportunity to participate in our ongoing development by acquisition of new customers, and the care and maintenance of existing users. As Application Specialist at PHI you will play a key role, both in the continuous development of new biological assays, and as a specialist supporting our distributors and end customers to ensure that the HoloMonitor is used in an effecitive way. For the person with the right profile, the work will be challenging, rewarding and satisfying.
We offer a broad portfolio of biological applications based on the HoloMonitor technology. Users are researchers within cell biology, mainly in academia, but also from the life science industry. The Application Specialist will build up our training and education program and support both customers and our distributors, on the international market to ensure the product is used optimally. Your role includes intense customer contact and travelling, up to 50% of your time. The position is cross-functional, and you report to the Head of Marketing.
As Application Specialist, you will build up our training and education activities, and contribute to new application development:
- Perform on-site, as well as remote, training, education and consulting activities.
- Organize user meetings and seminars.
- Develop training and education material in close collaboration with the marketing team.
- Be the companies VOC (voice of the customer) and contribute to new product development.
- Take part in application development; mainly contribute to specifications and with biological validation.
- Find leads, and attend and plan fairs and conferences, in close collaboration with the sales team.
- University degree in cell biology
- Customer-oriented with a dedication for knowledge sharing, teaching and supporting
- Have a passion for technology and research
- Talent for producing scientific marketing and education material
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience from the life science industry
- Experience in building and maintaining customer relations
- Knowledge in German and/or French
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer and teamwork skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Independent, with strong ability to organize work in an accurate, structured and analytical way.
Please visit our website, www.phiab.se, to learn more about the company and see examples of different applications where our products are used by researchers around the world.
Questions about the job are answered by Head of Marketing Liselotte Nilsson, +46 (0)703-736443.
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications continuously so please submit your application (in English or Swedish) as soon as possible, but no later than October 30, 2018.